martes, 8 de febrero de 2011

BRAIN INJURY :(


In matter of seconds your whole life can change upside down. Bad decision-making can lead to horrendous brain injury. Brain injury will change our lives forever! Be alert, be active, and be safe. From this video there are many things I found interesting. For example that 1/4 of Americans are treated with brain damage. Those problems can be hearing, speaking, thinking, emotions, etc. I also learned the 3 types of brain injury: contusion, collection of blood, and axonal injury. There are many things I found interesting. What caught my eye the most where the 3 different stories. Anita: had accident in car, has problems in math, running, reading. Force was applied to skull (TBI). I think this is a fatal injury because either you caused it or someone else driving the car caused it. Anita frontal and temporal lobe where damaged the most. Brain: had the most inexcusable brain injury I think. He got in a fight and got beat up badly. He ended up being in a coma. As well I think this is the saddest story of them all. He lost most of his ability to speak. It rips my heart hearing him speak, I feel so sad and glad I am who I am. Zscheda: the last story, he had 3 months of rehabilitation, and had to learn how to use left vs. right brain, talk, eat. These stories where highly interesting, but very hard and difficult to watch. I think brain injuries are the worst thing to have because it’s what demonstrates who we are. I also think some violent sports should become less violent because concussions are now common, and it can ruin an athlete’s life forever. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario